Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just ordinary thoughts!

Was just thinking about how people make meanings from what they see. Because to see and to know are 2 different things. Last week I saw someone familiar. He was with another familiar person. In fact I’ve seen them many times but I never thought of what I was thinking when I saw them later. So, bored doing what I have been doing, I stopped and suddenly remember these two. Why do I have different thoughts now thinking of the last time I saw them?

It could be that my interpretation and perceptions are made of my observation of their body language and gestures toward one another? I am not sure. But it is a new feeling and a new wonder for me. How come, I have never had the same feeling before? Maybe this is just me. Being human, many times one will make meaning based on experience or emotion at that particular moment. Having experience ( of whatever!) is like a background knowledge, I guess. And having our sensory organs, to help us see, hear, smell, bla..bla…bla.. put us sometimes in - not a very good position. Why? In my case, not only I saw them, they noticed me too!

Okay, don’t make conclusion- no prejudice, they are all sin! But, they seemed uncomfortable when they saw me! Or was that my imagination? This is no epiphany for me! No!!! If I think so, then I am saying, yes, the sudden realization that they got something going on there? And so, I can extrapolate from that point? No, I just said earlier, seeing and knowing are 2 different things! Oh dear, what are these two up to now? I just hope that they know what they are doing and that my intuition is just my usual overly wild imagination!

I better stop and do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment