Monday, March 8, 2010

Sex and sex and their power!

If you are glancing over your shoulder wondering if somebody is behind you watching…..because you are reading this entry…don’t worry, you can ask them to join you. The title might look bad (if you think sex is bad) and might give you ideas, but I am actually writing about sex as in gender and the different power of communication…between the male and the female. It is not that I am not interested in the other things related to the word sex…but got nothing interesting to share…even if I want to… And had no intention of fooling anyone though I am well aware that the word sex will arouse certain interest to certain people….or could be to everyone.
I was looking for materials for a public speaking course that I am supposed to conduct in three week time and came across many interesting clips and articles on communication…presenting your ideas and expressing your thoughts. And I was preparing my power points for my session after reading the many books and articles about communication, I must say that true indeed all of us are here on this big blue globe, but men are `from mars’ and women ‘from Venus’, not because I’ve discovered scientific proof of the origin of men and women but because obviously, we express and communicate differently!
Many times I myself feel that I failed to convey the ideas that I wanted to share as the meanings deciphered by others were not my intended meanings and ideas. That was indeed frustrating! Somehow people tend to misinterpret our gestures and remark. I had an experience writing a note to my friend and unintentionally put too many exclamation marks on the paper. She thought I was angry and got really upset over the whole thing. Women interpret differently. Wrote something to man, with a reminder as well…not a very gentle one…but he didn’t really mind, at all!
And then there were time when we try to communicate our feelings to those people….whom we care and love. Why is it difficult to express our true emotion to someone we care about. I mean, there is so much that you want to say but not all would come out and sometimes the one you’re talking to wasn’t a very good listener so expressing your thoughts and feeling becomes a daunting task. Experiencing this situation many times caused me to resort to writing. But then, I had that ‘bad note’ experience!
What is difficult to express and explain? Well, if you have something personal(…..could be…your reputation at stake), or telling someone about some complaints received regarding his/her behavior, or something you need…which could be rejected, your dissatisfaction over some matters, etc.
I find writing to be the best way to express my feelings but it is sometimes ridiculous to write to your husband when he shares your bed, comes home every day, watches tv with you….and you have all the opportunity, time and place to talk and pour out your feelings; or a friend who sits next to you in the office; or your own mother; blab la bla….
Then, there was another time when I was actually praising but it was interpreted as an insult! What a difficult life. So, writing is “always” the best way for me to express my feelings over very personal and private matter…I am really lousy at saying out loud! But then, these are all my way of communicating, me a woman, what would the man do? Nothing!
Some men would just keep quiet and when they are saturated…..almost overflowing, they would talk to someone else, not to the person who is concerned! Some men think it is useless to talk to their spouses but it is okay to talk to other women or other men’s wives! I mean, I had occasion when my male friends complaint about their spouses but when I ask if they talked this out to their wives, none said yes! A few would say, “she should understand my need and feelings!” well, I don’t know.
Okayla, got other things to. A friend complaint that I never finish up, what I started…..well….that’s just me! Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment