Thursday, June 4, 2009

You just take care of yourself for now!

This afternoon a ‘good friend’ called and asked me to translate “contemplating” and “pondering”? I was about to ask him, why these two words? Are you contemplating whether you should or shouldn’t ask me about…… and that you are pondering about your life now……. And that you feel that I am ……………. (he he he, how I wish!). But because I was in my towel about to enter the bathroom, and it is not nice to talk to a man when you are not decently dressed although I was just talking to the phone ( don’t start pondering and then contemplating of saying things about me, that is bad!) I just simply answered him nicely, giving the meaning as to how I understand the two words.

Okay, someone said to me, why is it difficult to learn language? I don’t know! Honestly, I don’t! Because I find learning language difficult. Why? Because I have a book with a lot of words – Arabic. Have been attending some classes ( more than 2 can be considered- some yea..) and following a radio program whenever I have time, but I could only ask, “ how do you do?” and “ I am fine.” I am slow learner. Really slow! English? I am not that good either. And honestly, I don’t know how I learn, all I can remember is – one day I suddenly realized I can understand most of the things I read and I can really laugh watching sitcom, because I knew what was said and not faking anything!

But then, to be good at it, I had to learn and I am still learning because it is like eternity or infinity? Have yet to discover the decimal point. And I make mistakes all the time. But who cares? I don’t! If you worry so much about what other people say, you will never learn. So speak up. Those who laugh and think that your language sucks, shouldn’t be thinking or saying anything. They are not perfect. Nobody is perfect! And as usual there is a saying – no pain no gain!

If you are just learning for the sake of communication – then use the language. As long as what you said is understood, that is good enough! But if you intend to sit for exam, and the subject is called English, please do not contemplate on- whether –“learning properly or guessing the answer?” Not wise, no…. Whatever it is, everything requires effort. Some things need lots of effort, while others require less or just a little.

Just to communicate? Fine, let us start talking. Aaaa… what was the question? (Echoing..) “Yesterday, you go where? Morning -morning I look for you, you don’t have!”……(some memory lapse here?) No, not that I forget where I was, it was a bit hard to digest……”Oooo, I was in a meeting!”- but then, Bravo! I did understand after a few moments of deep thinking.

Why not help a person who is so enthusiastic to learn? Encourage, motivate, help and you will see result!..

Kak, monitor department want you to make work with he in he room!

Oh, ok I have to stop now. My boss wants me in his room now to…. make…..what?

You just take care of yourself for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment